MBDP Predator Solutions
- Livestock Guardian Dogs are an effective and proven, non-lethal method of direct and indirect predator deterrent.
- Deterring predators, results in fewer livestock losses.
- Fewer losses means that herds can be kept smaller as more are likely to survive.
- Fewer livestock, esp. goats, increased carrying capacity for grasslands and therefore increase wild grazer populations that are the natural prey for area predators.
- Fewer livestock losses also result in less retribution killings and less indiscriminate trapping and poisoning of endangered apex predators such as Snow Leopards, Gobi Bears and Wolves.
- Smaller herds results in less competition for Spring grass, less over-grazing and the ability of grasslands to recover by strengthening their root systems which in turn reduces erosion and slows down desertification.