- Mongolian Livestock Guardian Dog Foundation is the first and only nonprofit guardian dog breeding program in Mongolia
- Climate change, desertification and over-grazing are threats to large predators like snow leopards, wolves and eagles on the Mongolian steppe
- Proper use of livestock guardian dogs can result in a more than 60% decrease in the incidence of livestock predation
- Mongolian Livestock Guardian Dog Foundation researches, breeds, and trains Mongolian Bankhar livestock protection dogs and places these working dogs in homes of nomadic herding families on the Mongolian steppe
- 21 puppies were born into the Mongolian Livestock Guardian Dog Foundation program in winter 2015.
See them here
- Mongolian Livestock Guardian Dog Foundation is restoring the Bankhar dog to its former status as the mediator between nomadic people and large wild predators